Hi Crafters!! I think this card was my favorite, but I had a terrible time getting the right affect with this Martha Stewart leaf image from Leaf and Branches. I actually trimmed my leaf, it was a large leaf and a smaller leaf with some stem. I cut the large leaf off so I didn’t have to worry about the other parts of the stamp. This leaf image is basically a line drawing, so it didn’t give me much debth and I really struggled with that. I really liked the faux water colored leaf on the front of my card, but I had a terrible time getting the inside panel to look the same. Then I started playing around and did it multiple times, and then I couldn’t keep my hands out of the ink and got smudges on some of the panels, which resulted in me smearing the water across the whole panel. I don’t throw anything away!! Sometimes it feels like a curse. Others, when I’ve settled down and come back, they don’t look so bad. haha I ended up choosing the image that looked most like the one on the front of the card. And to hide my smudges I smeared water across the whole panel, dried it with my heat tool and then stamped the leaf repeatedly in the same lighter colors that the original images were done in. And it works.
This was the only card, I came close to follow all of the directions. LOL
TH Distress inks Peeled paint, SU’s Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler (the leaf was stamped in these 3 colors).
Inks added with the aqua brush to add debth Old Olive and more Cherry Cobbler.
Stamps: SU Well Scripted (Love you Much), Hero Arts Sentiments (just a note filled with thanks, for the inside).
All sentiments stamped in Ranger Archival Jet Black.