Hi Crafters!! Here is the final card for Day 1. Whew!! It’s already day 2 of class, and I’m lagging. This card was inspired by the Oh So Fun, Amber of Damask Love. I follow all of the ladies who taught Day 1, including Amber, she is so much fun. We did some special Ikat stamping on the inside of our cards. This is a technique where you swipe the ink across your stamp, it gives a sort of fabric look. I’ve updated my ipad to ioS 7 and it is giving me fits with Word Press, thank you Apple. I know just enough to mess things up. Half of my post is underlined. LOL
- Plain white card base from Georgia Pacific CS, I’ve got to start investing in better card stock. The Kraft layer is from Colorbok’s pad purchased at Wal-mart. I used SU’s scallop border punch for the Sentiment layers on the front of the card and mounted them on foam tape. This Thank You stamp is a $1.00 stamp from Michael’s by Greenbrier Int’l. Stamped in VersaMark pad reinked with Stampendous clear embossing ink and embossed with Gold embossing powder. I use a homemade embossing pillow of 50% cornstarch and 50% baby powder, stitched inside 2 pieces of scrap t-shirt and it works well. I also start heating my embossed images from below to keep the powder from jumping around. Then finish from the top.
The stamps I used for the outside are Martha Stewarts clear Camellia set. I chose the same solid image flower in 3 different sizes. From left to right I stamped in Stampin’UP! water basesd dye inks, Pixie Pink, Blush Blossom and Melon Mambo ( I ended up stamping off onto scratch paper, which I hate to do because it wastes ink!! But full strength was too dark or so I thought as I abandoned my first card and made a second one) this second generation stamping gave a lighter version of Melon Mambo AND now that I look at the original card, I probably should have just rolled with it. LOL It will get used trust me, especially since the inside is so pretty. The leaf is from The Paper Studio, Mod Garden Set. The border stamp used on the inside is by Hero Arts, called Vine Scrolls (I won this stamp from Kathy Racoosin for Stamptember 2012) I think this is the first time I’ve used, stamped in Lucky Limade on the finished card. I used some large post it notes taped together front and back, plus a piece of paper (with ATG general purpose tape – stuck to my t-shirt several times to take away some of the tackiness so it would not hurt my card base when I go to remove it). Stamped the Vine Scrolls all around the edges. I didn’t plan this well and I didn’t like the overlapping on the original card that was done in SU Mellow Moss. After I got this all stamped, I did sponge around the edges of the masks to fill in the gap where the stamp did not make contact with the card. Somehow I got pink ink on my hand and on the card. SO, this is why the little flowers are stamped all around the inside of my Vine Scroll “frame” . By this time, I’ve got way too much time invested to start a third time, so I just roll with it. I’m a Crafter and I can compensate. LOL So can YOU. The inside sentiment is from a stamp by Studio g Double Vision, Just for YOU.
This is how I masked for the inside stamping.
I included this photo of the original card on the right and the finished card on the left. The camellia flowers were not taking the SU ink well at all, so I sanded them with a large sanding block and as you can see it did make a little difference. You can really see the pooling of the ink on the left flower and center flower, they are smoother on the finished card. I think I will finish the orig card and put it in my stash.