Hi Crafters!! This card was inspired by the Fabulous Jennifer Rzasa. I follow her blog and she does the most amazing cards for the Run Way challenge. This card just about took me down, like a WWF wrestling match. Again, I just didn’t have the products I need to duplicate Jennifer’s card easily, she had a jar stamp. I have a jar die and though it would be simple enough to use. NO…it just made things more complicated than they needed to be. I should have gone in a totally different direction, although I was at a complete loss and went with the Papertrey Ink Jar die. LOL
This card made Laura Bassens card look like child’s play. So, here it is Midnight thirty or something, again and I’ve only completed 3 cards for today. I won’t have baby tomorrow, so maybe I can catch up, if I get to bed promptly.
I started by die cutting my jar die 2 times, from Canson Water color paper scraps. I doodled on them with a Crayola washable blue marker and diluted that with the aqua painter. It washed nearly all of the color away! So, I doodled on them again with a Bic Mark It alcohol marker, which wasn’t as pretty. I should have just ran with the first marker and not diluted it. 20/20 Hind Sight coming through nice and clear, a little too late. LOL We were suppose to do a mirror stamping on the outside of the card and on the inside of the card. Using the die cut jars made the stamping near impossible, I ended up tracing the jars and then stamping over the pencil lines. I stamped the SU hydrangea from the Because I Care set in Memento Tux. Black ink and colored the flower and leaves with Bic Mark its. I had made a paper mask for the flower on the left so I could get another flower in the jars and had a 1/8′ area that did not get stamped. Can you tell? I colored the space with the Bic Mark it’s first, then doodled on top of it with a fine point Sharpie Pen. I did a test run with the black marker first and then colored over it with the Mark its, this was a NO GO. The Mark Its washed out the black Sharpie pen.
I cut the opening in the front of the card with Sizzix Labels Collection, using the 3rd size up from the bottom. The card looks so sparse when I got done, that I ended up sponging it with some SU Lovely Lilac, and stamped the sentiment from a new hostess set called Banner Greetings in Lovely Lilac ink and cut out with scissors. I ended up adding an extra layer of CS to the back panel for stability and I also cut an extra jar top to fit behind the jar on the front.
When I was done, I realized there were not stems in my jars, but at this time of night, I’m giving up and letting it roll.