Hi Crafters!! Katie requested a medium gift bag for her husband. He took a trip to Orlando FL, to Universal Studios, haunted house. That gave me a great jumping off point for inspiration. I used a lot of Halloween dies. This was a Hollister bag from the Mall and I used decorative card stock to cover the large letters that spell HOLLISTER on both sides. Katie bought him snacks for this trip and this was the best sized bag for that purpose.
Dies used: My Favorite Things Spider Web die, which includes the spider. Sizzix medium yellow die Ghosts. Quickutz 4×4 Haunted House die, includes that flat cloud and 2×2 Witch Silhouette die. Sizzix bigz die Sweet and Skull? , Sizzix Bigz die ?Treats, candy corn.
I cut the ghosts and layered them with dimensional foam, offsetting the top ghost just a bit. I used the orange glitter nail polish to enhance the ghosts. The cat is a party confetti from my stash, it was already glittered, I added some neon green fabric paint for the eyes and it was so messy I ended up dotting the pupils with a permanent black Bic Mark It. The spider web die was elevated in the center of the web, by rolling a scrap piece of card stock and gluing it in place to the die and the bag simultaneously, then I added some black glitter glue around the web. The spider was cut in black CS, black glitter glue was added to the main body, green glitter nail polish was painted over each leg. The haunted house was cut in black CS, yellow was added to the back for windows, green glitter nail polish was added for the roof and enhancements. I did end up using the heat tool to dry all of the glues and paints. The skull and candy corns were added to the CS panel that covered the words on the bag. The candy corns were colored long ago with Bic Mark Its and diluted with Ranger Alcohol Blending solution, I doodled around the edges with a fine point permanent black marker. I see people do this all the time and I love how it looks. The witch was cut in black CS and painted on with the green glitter nail polish in areas to enhance it. The skull was also stamped with a tiny spider web die and I strategically lined the skull up over 2 stars for his eyes. LOL That was a happy accident/discovery, while I was creating. I used a large piece of Water Color paper and water colored Stampin’UP! reinkers diluted with water across each window panel, thinking light at the top and darkness at the bottom. Katie wanted our baby to color on it too, so I helped her stamp stars with a Crayola washable star marker, and she scribbled with a gray washable marker a little bit on each panel. I think it gave it some character. The “window” was rough measured with a ruler and the panes were trimmed out with my fiskars trimmer.