Hey Crafters!! Fall is upon us! And lots of rain here in S.W. Missiouri. I’m so far behind on posting my crafty stuff.
I got to know Jennette on our trip to W. Hollywood, California in August. She and I went along with our guys, while they attended some work training. What a fun trip! I have yet to do a full post about it. We shared a hotel room with them, since the guys were already roomed together and the rooms were $375.00 per night.
I have never met anyone that I have so much in common with, besides my bestie from my childhood.
Jennette is so much fun, she is the age of my daughter and we just chatted the time away. While on our trip, we also shopped and perused some lovely cream colored wedding gowns and her finger nails were painted a lovely light blue. I used both for inspiration while creating her wedding card.
My base card ended up being this odd card stock, picked up at Wal-mart, it’s a weird Kraft by Colorbok, with a very smooth surface. But it’s the best I had in a neutral color, 8 1/2 in. x 11 in., scored @ 5 1/2″ and folded in half.
The Bride and Groom die is from Quickutz, it’s a cookie cutter die set. The Bride and Groom were cut in Black CS. A white scrap of CS was added behind the Groom to mimic his shirt and left sleeve cuff. The die packaging shows the flower in the bride’s hair, but I chose to use it as boutineer in blue to match the bouquet. The scroll stamp is from, Print Works-Elegant Patterns Q027, stamped in an Arch around the couple, in Stampin’UP! Crumb Cake ink. Copics E35 and Y26 were doodled underneath the Bride and Grooms feet to mimic the floor.
Her Dress was created by cutting the Bride a second time in Cream colored CS. I cut the head off with small scissors. The fed the neck through the back of a Martha Stewart heart punch, so that the top of the heart would make a Sweet Heart neck line/breast line. The sash was cut in blue CS and doodled on with Copic marker B12.
I used a ProvoCraft embossing folder (?) all over the dress, if you know the name of it , please share it with me. LOL Copic NO. Neutral Gray was drawn over the raised areas of the embossing as well as doodled around the edges of the dress and to mimic drape lines and extra lace in the front of the leg area and even over the feet. I was so tempted to darken the feet to a dark gray or black, but I resisted. I’m still not sure if it was the right choice! LOL Home made envelope to fit the card.
There is a veil die with this set, but I didn’t take Jennette as a veil kind of girl and decided to use the single flower in her hair, it was cut in Cream CS too and doodled on with Copic marker NO. Neutral Gray and G99 Olive (green)for the leaves. The bouquet was cut in Blue CS and I used the G99 Olive in random directions for leaves of roses, by just laying the brush tip sideways and stamping with it. (I wondered if I could do that and it was Very Cool indeed, that it worked). I cut 6 flowers in Blue and doodled on them with Copics B12 or B14 ? for the rose part and G99 for the leaves. The bouquet was raised up on 2 foam squares, the 5 outer flowers were glued down with dots of Glossy Accents (but I layed them on very gently, so they wouldn’t lie completely flat) and then popped up the center flower on 2 layers of foam squares cut really tiny. (the edges of the foam double sided mounting tape, were disguised by coloring the edges with the G99 Copic marker).
I LOVE it! I was so pleased with myself and this card. LOL However, her wedding dress was knee lenght. She had a wreath of orange and cream colored flowers in her hair and I felt as if I’d failed. A few days later David told me how she loved the card. When I shared with him my thoughts of failure he reassured me that blue was her favorite color. LOL So, I didn’t do too bad after all.