Masking with Rubber Cement w/Video

Hey Crafters!!  It’s June 3, 2015 and we’re on the 3rd Day of Kathy Racoosin’s 30 Day Color Challenge 2. (click on her highlighted name to go to her post for today.  She did some masking with some masking fluid.  I tried using rubber cement, but this was my 3rd try and it was okay.  But as you will see from my video, the 1st and 2nd try were terrible and I’m moving on to masking with my post it note tape, it’s just more successful for me.

  

Can you see those black smudges under the band aid?  I think some of it was from the ink on the Rubber Cement, but I’m using it anyway.  I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut out my image with sentiment, then did some background stamping in SU’s Blush Blossom water based dye ink.

Supplies:

Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Get Well set

Inks:  Memento Tux. Black, Stampin’UP! Blush Blossom Classic

Markers:  Copics and Bic Mark It, Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution

Some still photos of the Post It Note Tape masking below.  This card also had a little smudge to the bottom right and a Lady Bug covered that up nicely!  Whew!

   The band aid was stamped on Post It Tape with the residual ink left on the stamp after stamping the first bandaid on the card base.  And cut out with Scissors.
The  mask was positioned over the bandaid under the bird.  Another band aid and the medicine bottler were stamped over it.

  

The mask was removed and everything is nice and tidy!  Except for that little smudge, that asked for a Lady Bug, to hide it!  LOL
  

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s