Seahorses 2-23-16 Kathy Rac 30 Day

 Hey Crafters!!  This is my last entry in Kathy Racoosin’s 30 Day. Color Challenge.   These stamps are some of my own creations from the extra red rubber cut away from the surrounding areas of purchased stamps.  The Seahorses, L-R fan, starfish, sponge bowl and coral.   
All images are stamped in Stampin’UP! Water based dye inks except the coral, it was stamped in Simon Says Stamp Pale Pink Blush.  Then the images were doodled on with Copics in the same color family.  Large seahorse was stamped with SU Costal Cabana.  Small seahorse stamped in SU Lucky Limeade.  Fan stamped in SU Wisteria Wonder.  Pink starfish stamped in SU Pixie Pink and Orange one originally stamped in SU Blush Blossom but it was too soft, then stamped in Calypso Coral.  

   
Glitter Gel Pen in the same color families were used on the light green seaweed, and both Seahorses.  

  This started out as a 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ card base, but things got really messy.  I didn’t like my small seashores and his stamp got edited a lot, I probably should have waited.  But I’m kind of an in the moment person…


These are the distress inks I used to sponge the panel to mask some ink smudging.  Starting in the top right corner fossilized amber to mimic sunshine.  Mermaid Lagoon up the left side and right side.  Cracked pistachio the bridge the gap. Between the yellow and green.   Then dropped water on the panel and took it up with a paper towel.  That big drop between the horses was an accident, then I stared controlling the water with an aqua painter.  After these dried, I brushed a wash of White Acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of water down the left side of each bubble.  The blue bubbles above the horses was done with a Copic marker, some of them were too bold and I dotted a little bit of the acrylic paint wash in the centers of them.      
 All images were outlined with a Sharpie fine point black marker, except the seaweed (that looks like snakes…oops!).  This panel was cut down with a Spellbinders Labels 4 Grand because I got ink all over the back of my card too!   It happens….  I trimmed the points of the die cut off at the top and sides, hoping it would seem a bit fish tank like.  This will likely become a card front later.

I filmed the stamping and the doodling, but had some crazy issues with my iPad Air 2 and iMovie.  The app kept crashing and I gave up..

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s